Minis & Junior information for Spring / Summer 2021
Mini Rugby is a fun, energetic, team sport for girls and boys
Scribes Mini Rugby Coaches will work with the kids in teaching them the fundamentals of rugby, which in turn develops confidence, agility, balance, hand-eye coordination, sportsmanship and camaraderie.
Minis Ages 5-7 (U7)Rookie Rugby – non contact tag rugby
Minis Ages 8-9 (U9) Rookie Rugby – non contact tag rugby
Minis Ages 10-11 (U11) Rookie Rugby – after COVID restrictions are lifted then Introduction to contact rugby
Minis Ages 12-13 (U13) Rookie Rugby – after COVID restrictions are lifted then Introduction to Contact Rugby
Juniors Ages 13+ Touch rugby
There may be an additional separation of ages…this will be decided based on numbers.
What will the league look like in Spring / Summer 2021?
- All games are to be played within the club
- Training sessions & games at at McSpadden Park on Sunday mornings @ 10am until 11am
Player & parent requirements:
- Register with Scribes RFC: 2021 Rugby registration instructions
- There are two registration categories (under 12 & under 19), so please register based on age rather than the playing group age.
- If parents wish to enter the playing enclosure, they must register as a volunteer. This is free & is for contact tracing
- Parent to complete the World Rugby COVID-19 training:
- Sign up with TeamLinkt – League management software – you will be sent a link very soon about this.
- You will get a notification about who you are playing, where & what time.
- You will be able to tell your team your attendance on the app
- There is a chat option for your team
- Attestation on Sportslomo for each session – this is needed for contact tracing, this will be emailed to you prior to the session.
- Information: BC Rugby Attestation Guide
- Arrive through the arrival area, arrive with clean hands & gear.
- Each player will be given tags (flags) on loan at their first training session. It is your responsibility to ensure that they are sanitized before every training session. Ensure all players clothing is washed & clean for each training session.
- Ensure you leave your water bottle at least 2 metres away from someone else’s. It must be place in a clearly labelled bag
- Leave promptly after each session
- U12 & below: $52 Full year program (Sept 2020 to August 2021)
- U19 – 13: $30 – 12 week program
- Jersey & shorts for $80 deposit, returned when short & jersey are returned. Can be purchased if you wish.
Do you want more information about Scribes Mini Rugby?
We’re happy to get into specifics about training, skill development, games and the Scribes Mini Rugby experience. To get in contact, send us an email.
Spring / Summer 2021 Registration
To jump to our registration page, click here.
Once completed, the Scribes RFC registrar will receive a notification of the registration. If possible, please print out the registration receipt.
Things to bring with you
Training attire, including uniform, socks, water bottle, and a good attitude.
Please bring the registration receipt, uniform deposit, cleats (rugby/soccer), and a water bottle to the first training session.
Training Schedule: (Select Juniors from the drop down menu instead of Scribes RFC)
2 weeks ago