Destination: Atlantic Canada, Maritimes & France
Dates: July 28th to August 8th
A once in a lifetime opportunity to visit remote regions of Atlantic Canada while playing great social rugby clubs. This is the first ever Scribes combined men & women’s tour, which will start in St. John’s and finish in Halifax.
The tour will start with a bang at the World Famous George Street Festival. We are kicking things off with the George Street 7’s tournament with plenty of time for available activities around St. John’s: fishing, ice berg watching, visit Viking settlements, puffin watching. Take in the St. John’s brewery scene and of course get screeched in! (involves kissing a cod).
Optional addition to the tour: Sacr Bleu the Scribes then head to France. We have a fantastic rugby side waiting for us there, plus a couple of days to enjoy the islands peak summer conditions. We are drawing upon the expertise of our very own culture guru Nicolas Meija, who will be consulting with our French contingent and with the folks in St. Pierre to create a unique cultural experience.
A short flight will then bring us to the historic town of Halifax. What a better way to finish off the tour than hitting up the party capital of Atlantic Canada. Another club awaits along with plenty more East Coast activities including amazing live music, delicious local sea food and the best night clubs east of New York City.
How to sign up:
email $100 deposit to email@example.com to secure your spot.
Only 50 spots available.
Custom flight options are available, just get in contact with us.
$2,000 gets you flights East & back West, all hotels, bus transfers.
Doesn’t include: your taxi at 1am.
$900 paid by 2nd February (non refundable after March 15th)
Remaining costs to be paid by June 1st.
Next event scheduled for February
Tour Insurance & Cancellation
1. Travel Cuts does sell trip insurance and it costs between $45 & $55 per person. It only covers the individual who purchases it against unforeseen circumstances, including catching COVID and missing your flight because it. This insurance DOES NOT cover instances where the trip is sunk because of a government travel ban.
2. With regard to air fare, the general rule applies where if the airline cancels we get a full cash refund. If we cancel for some reason, we do not get a cash refund but we DO get a credit.
3. The only circumstance where we would lose cash on the flight is if we cancel after we pay the initial $100 deposit but before we make full payment and are issued our tickets. If we make the initial payment and back out before making full payment for flights, we all lose the $100 deposit. This, of course, is not the case if Air Canada cancels things during that time period.
4. Apart from catching COVID ourselves, the biggest risk today is that the province implements a mandatory quarantine for travelers again. If a day before we fly the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador orders a mandatory 5-day quarantine for all visitors, our tour is essentially ruined. We would have to cancel and accept the Air Canada credit.
5. With regard to hotels, they have been good with working with customers on changing requirements. Closer to the date and before we make our hotel deposit, we will get in writing assurances that we would receive a full refund if government implements the quarantine.
6. Rugby insurance. As all games will be sanction, along with the tour. We will be covered for all rugby injuries, should any occur.
1 week ago