The BC Championship is kicking off this weekend, with two home games at Rupert Park for our Men’s teams:
- division 2 v SFU, Kick off at 11:15am
- division 3 v Bayside, Kick off at 12:45pm
Hope to see a big crowd out to support our teams. Beverages will be available on the sideline, so bring cash.
The Women’s team will be starting their campaign on Feb 5th v CW at Rupert Park.
The full schedule can be viewed on our website: www.scribesrfc.com/men
- U9, U11 & U13 have training this Sunday – Trout Lake Rugby Field. 10am until 11:30am
- Game schedule – http://www.scribesrfc.com/minis/
- U7’s – training to start at a later date (when it’s a little warmer out)
- Girls rugby event – March 5th – more details
- season to start on February 13th for U9 to U13 age groups.
We are currently working with the other clubs to put some tournaments together.
High school Rugby
We are looking for coaches / volunteers to help out:
- Van Tech Secondary – training Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 3:20pm-4:45pm
- John Oliver Secondary – training once week
Please let me know if you are able to help out with either of these programs.
Canada 7’s has been pushed back to April 16th & 17th.
The clubhouse will be open from 3pm on Saturday. Please observe the PHO guidelines as implemented by the Legion. Vaccine passports are mandatory.
We are just 6 months out from the tour. We have 33 people signed up so far and have a couple more that have shown interest.
The tour is open to all Scribes and friends of Scribes, so feel free to share the tour poster with them. We expect the tour will cost $2,000, but can be reduced with some additional fundraising. To help with organizing & payment plans we have requested that payments be completed up to $1,000 by February 2nd. This is refundable up to March 15th as hotel deposits need to be paid then.
We are entering a men & womens team into the George Street 7s and playing the Baymen (men & women’s sides) while in St. Johns and have arranged to take on Halifax Tars in Halifax to finish off the tour. There are additional activities being arranged for the group including brewery tours, scenic tours and local traditions such as getting screeched in..
For more details reach out to us or www.scribesrfc.com/tour-2022
Are you interested in becoming a referee? There is a course in Langley on Feb 27th. Referees get about $70 for every high school game. Some refs do about 4 games per week. www.bcrugby.com/level1courses…..