This weekend we are hosting our first club day of the Spring and we are finally back at Rupert Park. Minis are back training on Sunday morning. Evergreen RFC is hosting a Masters tournament at Brockton on Sunday to raise funds to combat prostate cancer: https://www.facebook.com/events/746238003306229
We sure hope everyone is ready to come cheer on all 3 teams at our first Club Day of 2023! It is a special occurrence when it’s a day of games against the same club, and this Saturday we take on SFU at Rupert Park:
- Women’s Team – kick off at 11:15am
- Men’s Division 3 – kick off at 12:30pm
- Men’s Division 2 – kick off at 2pm
Hosting in our clubhouse, followed by Karaoke – Come join us in the clubhouse to celebrate the new half of the year with some Karaoke!
Time to dust off the boots and get back on the field! We are starting off the spring season with a practice at Trout Lake this Sunday, February 5th, from 10:00am – 11:30am. Looking forward to the spring season. Feel free to bring a friend this Sunday and have them try rugby out. Schedule is ready & we have published it on our website www.scribesrfc.com/minis Please update Teamlinkt with your availability.
Upcoming Social Events
- February 25th- Alumni Day
- Calling all retired players from men’s, women’s & juniors to come out to our Club Day to celebrate you and honour your contribution to the club and its success.
- March 3-5th- Rugby 7s at BC Place
- Group costumes:
- Friday: “Vacation mode”/Hawaiian shirts
- Saturday: You Vote! – https://forms.gle/aVaGX1uAeYbpe3BA7
- Sunday: “Hangover outfits” Pajamas/ Onesies
- Group costumes:
- Six Nations fantasy league:
- Join me in the league now no.60898 : Scribes RFC
- Password : ELBCX
- By clicking on the following link : https://fantasy.sixnationsrugby.com/#welcome/register/?parrain=wmc2jma&ligue=60898&mdp=ELBCX
Plan for your season:
- Minis Rookie Rugby Pre-7s tournament – Feb 26th at Andy Livingston Park
- Apr 15th to 29th – Playoffs
- May 4th – Banquet & Over / unders game
First Aid Update
A reminder to please ensure you read the club’s formal concussion policy. It should be reviewed and referenced in the future by all players and coaches to ensure Club Policy is followed on game days and at training: https://www.scribesrfc.com/membership/bc-rugby-insurance-plan/
If any questions, please reach out to Marcus, Jess or Sam
Rugby in Schools
We are looking for assistance to help coach rugby in secondary schools in our area: Van Tech, David Thomson & John Oliver. If you are able to help out with teaching some basic skills, please let us know. Training sessions are generally from 3:30pm to 5pm twice a week.
We are also joining forces with BC Rugby to run rookie rugby in John Henderson Elementary school. Please check out https://bcrugby.com/apply-now-to-be-a-rugby-coach-in-bc-schools-during-spring-2023/ for more details.
CommentsComments Off on 1st Spring Club Day