Last weekend’s lone game was a great success with a great win over Capilano for the Men’s Div 2 (19-5). It was a fun day at Trout Lake with lots of supporters down at the field! This weekend sees the Women travel to Coquitlam to play United, and the men have a weekend off. Hope to see everyone out supporting the women & at the social tomorrow
This Saturday sees the Women’s & Men’s Div 3 teams both away:
- Women’s @ United Coquitlam Centre – kick off 12:45pm
- Team sheet: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rvPfKScRVTwkFkns7
- Men’s Div 2 – BYE
- Men’s Div 3 game defaulted by Castaway Wanderers (Victoria)
- The dream team that could have been..
- New / returning players that would like to play on Saturday can get a temporary membership at: www.scribesrfc.com/membership
- Halloween Party Tomorrow Night @ Park Drive – event info on FB, tickets for $30 which include a beer & burger. Prizes… https://fb.watch/g9MhBC30Db/ purchase your ticket from any exec member or see Mellie at the door
- Women’s Rugby World Cup – Be sure to cheer on Team Canada as they take on the USA again, this time in the Quarter Final. Game is at 8:30pm at Park Drive.
- Keep Dec 10th free – event info is coming! 12 pubs…
Great turn out last Sunday, this week we have training at Trout Lake at 10am.
We are using the Teamlinkt App for player management. All registered players should have received an email with an invitation to join. Please mark down your availability for training and games as it really helps our coaches to better organize the sessions.
U12s & junior training on Wednesday at 6pm until 7pm at Trout Lake All weather field, located next to Trout Lake Community Centre
All memberships can be paid online. All players membership fees and insurance information can be viewed on our membership page: www.scribesrfc.com/membership
Social memberships can be purchased via this link and include a punch card for 4 drinks field-side at homes games, plus a Scribes insulated mug: https://app.teamlinkt.com/register/go/scribesr/17719
We are always recruiting for all age grades and senior players. Bring a friend to the next training session!
Please support our Club Sponsors who help keep our membership costs down for all teams.
- Park Drive Bar – 1815 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- Russell Brewing – Bring your receipts to the clubhouse for our kick back
- Abbies Sports Shop – 4774 Main Street, Vancouver – For all of your sporting needs
- TSG Metal Fabrication – For all of your metal needs
Online Injury Form
A reminder to complete the below form if you sustain an injury during training or games:
This information is kept confidential but is useful for Club statistics and follow up.
Sports First Aid & Taping Course Interest
We are looking at registering more people from the club in Sports First Aid and Taping classes come January. Should you be interested, please reach out to Jess at email@example.com. Please note that there is a minimum expectation for volunteering for the Club on game days if you undertake these courses through the Club.
Monday Training Fieldside Physio Assessments for adult players
We are providing access to 10min fieldside physio assessments at Monday trainings from 6:30-7:30. Priority will be given to those players who sustained injuries at the previous Saturday’s game[s] with a Waitlist to be kept for any additional players. Sign up available each Sunday via TeamLinkt, but we are limited to 60min total. If you don’t sign up by Mon, 12pm, you are not eligible for an assessment that night.
*Note – this is a quick assessment only to offer guidance on whether safe to train or if further treatment is necessary. It is not a physio appointment.*